
Here's the missing tree that I talked about in my last post. I hadn't painted it in yet when I shared my painting. Tammy from
Beads by Color was so kind and really tried to figure out what I was talking about. Thanks Tammy! Here is both paintings, a little further along. I need to break out my paper collection and add some more papers to them next.

I'm not sure if I like the second one. I'm planning on working with the cityscape some more, and then at the end adding in a flock of birds in the sky, just settling down to roost. Maybe once I've added the birds I'll like it better. I'm enjoying painting it so I'm not too worried. It's a nice break from everything else. I've been super busy, my youngest just turned three and we're having a birthday party for her this weekend, I just started volunteering at a local
community greenhouse and garden, and I'm still working at getting our own garden ready and planted. I don't think things are going to slow down any time soon, but I'm finding I really enjoy what I'm doing so I don't mind.
I see it now,I just love this painting.I like how the houses are masked and the tree stands out.
ReplyDeleteYour first painting really appeals to me right now. I've been taking in tree shapes as winter turns to spring here in New England. The shape of your tree is stunning. I also love the blue of your sky. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteBoth are lovely... but I really really LOVE the Cityscape! Nice work!
ReplyDeleteInteresting artistry Melissa! - Craft of such takes born-artsy-braincell intact to pursue.. keep shining:)
ReplyDelete*btw, the second depiction is too.. perfectly depicted - A lovely touch of Tokyoesque/Seoulesque mode!