Pages

▼

Monday, June 7, 2010

Magpie Mother


Here's what I was working on this week, and she's certainly been my bliss. I started this box ages ago as a home for my raven, but the poor thing out grew his home, so of course a magpie stopped by and built her nest of shiny bits and string. She hasn't laid her eggs yet, we're all waiting impatiently to see what they will look like and how many there will be.

She's made of all sorts of junk and old worn out things, Victorian books, old tins, buttons, string, bits of thistle fluff and wire. She whispers at night and I heard her sing in her harsh voice:

One for sorrow,
Two for joy,
Three for a girl,
Four for a boy,
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret never to be told.



4 comments:

  1. I love this!

    Do you ever stop in at the Creation Station under the Impression Five Museum?
    Great supplies for Steam Punk and assemblage pieces, crafts, science projects, etc... Super cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the story that you have for this wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am way way way late here,but I tend to want to study your pieces and see if I can get a sence of your thought.Is the lady late for something is she going to the sea.Her wheels are turning and it looks like she has something important in mind??? Thank you, for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This piece is awesome!
    I love it :-)

    ReplyDelete