Pages

▼

Monday, June 14, 2010

End of the School Year



Here's an apron I've been working on. I think it needs a trim around the bottom edge yet. I like how the block printed pocket came out. It's lined with a coordinating fabric, which I just love.

I also made a thank you present for Ailee's kindergarden teacher, It was so fun and quick to whip up, I think I'll make one next year too!



7 comments:

  1. You know, that apron you made me for my b-day is so darn cute, I was just thinking you should alter the pattern into everyday-wear skirts! I'd wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love the apron and you know, I think it could be made into an every day skirt, too! What a playful look!

    Love it!

    Read my weekly check for Creative Every day here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers! did you make this pattern up yourself or is it one we can find too?? So pretty and the block printed pocket is lovely! Way to go.
    cheers,
    Stephanie (CED)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mostly made it up. I was inspired by a pattern out of an old 50's apron pattern book. It's basically a 3/4 of a circle skirt with the ends rounded off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the shape, style & fabric of that apron!!!

    Finally got around to viewing your site... I'm new to CED & it's taking me a while to get around to view everyone's offerings. I especially like your sense of playfulness :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. See? I'm still stalking this apron, HA! I'm sure I'll see another one I like at some point. You do have a great talent for combining vibrant colors & textures in fabric. And I love your little printed knitting beetles, sewing crickets, etc. as accents on pockets & such.

    ReplyDelete