Pages

▼

Monday, May 10, 2010

Spring Guardian

I finished this one yesterday, thanks to my DH for giving me some time on Mother's Day. I think time is one of the best gifts.

I'm happy with it. I particularly like the bike rider at the bottom of the painting. and there's a hidden bird too! I didn't even realize I had painted it in there, but once I saw it, it never goes away.

This was from a dream I had. I was napping (again, thanks to my DH!) and I dreamt of light streaming through a room It was very serene and lovely. I woke up and sketched this with pastels. Capturing the light is such a challenge, it's more about how it reflects off of other things. Light is only something I become aware of in relation to other things. That's what makes it interesting. Light by itself is just blinding, thusly, the warnings we give to children not to stare at the sun. I thought it was interesting that I dreamt of light in a room rather than outside, which is what I usually am inspired by.

5 comments:

  1. Mmmm...still loving that tree! So glad you had time to finish it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful light in that room!

    And I love the tree!

    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The piece is so interesting and layered!

    Your statement about light and the dream....probably symbolic of your awakening intuition....light is a metaphor for spiritual knowledge.

    From Creative everyday!

    love, kelee

    ReplyDelete
  4. There must be some symbolism to having the light inside a room. Intriguing! I am grateful you captured it via a painting. LOVELY!

    Check out my CED2010 Weekly Check in here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally in love with your tree!!! i agree time is the greatest gift. My DH gifted me that as well yesterday. :D

    ReplyDelete