
I'm super busy right now, but I wanted to share a couple of sketches I'm working on to make new block prints of. The first is another in my insect girls series, she's more cartoony than the beetle, but I felt like making a spider too realistic could get creepy very quickly. I was trying to go for a tangled in my project feel for her. The bear was inspired by my girls. One of my pet names for my girls is Princess Bear. So I thought I'd draw one. It came out more realistic than I expected, but I like it and I think it would look good as a block print too. I'm starting to get more ideas than I have time to carve, I really need to work on budgeting my time more effectively. Still I really enjoy the sketching. I've been keeping my sketchbook in my purse so that I can sneak it in whenever I have a spare moment. Waiting at dance class, or before school lets out, I pull it out and sketch or write. It's nice.
Wish me luck, we're diving deep into the potty training process with my youngest, which is a big part of why I'm so busy right now. Hopefully I'll have more time for creativity soon!
The little princess bear will be a cute block print.Sometimes I think we feel were wasting time but really it is time well spent.This world is so demanding of us it seems.Good luck with the potty training,that can be demanding,but the end result is great.
ReplyDeleteInsect girls...ha, love it :)
ReplyDeleteYour sketches look amazing and I feel the depth of the lines almost immediatetly. Good luck with the potty training. I trust it shall be a lot of fun. :)
ReplyDeletereally nice sketches
ReplyDelete