Pages

▼

Monday, May 31, 2010

Creative Every Day Challenge



Got some more printing done. I can't decide what to do with the hankie I printed the cricket onto. What do you think?



The rose bush is in bloom. I just want to disappear into the frothy pink.

I have an odd obsession with beetles. I know it. I can't seem to help it. I do like how the print becomes a pattern when repeated. I'm thinking of carving a block with four of them to make more fabric printed like this. It's totally going to become a pocket for an apron for me. Yay!
Here's the test print of my latest, the first thing I noticed was the lack of a beak. That was a problem. I've cleaned up the block and added a beak for my poor swan, so now I just need to find the time for another printing run.

By the way,

Happy Memorial Day!

6 comments:

  1. that beetle print creeps me out! lol beautiful work though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, love the beetle print! Looks like fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd make a pillow with that adorable hankie!
    I just love your prints. They are so sweet even the beetles:)

    Your pink roses are beautiful! I can almost smell them:)
    Happy Memorial Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oo...love all the printing! It must be a fun process... about the hankie, it's sometimes nice to use cloth to wrap presents actually :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your site through creative everyday - I love your prints! Especially the beetle. Are they woodblock? do you have your own press?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda I like to do that too! Scarves make such a nice wrapping and they even have a built in bow! Rebecca, thanks! They're actually linoleum which is a little easier to carve. Honestly, the only press I have right now is me. Either pushing with my hand, or stepping on them. :) I'm hoping to rig up a small hydraulic pump to help me soon.

    ReplyDelete