Pages

▼

Thursday, April 15, 2010

New Aprons in the Works

I'm so excited! I found a local group of artists who are into all things altered and creative! I'mreally looking forward to getting to know them, I already picked up a number of great ideas!

That's not all I've been doing, I'm working on three new aprons that I cut out the other day. Here's a sneak peak of some of the fabrics I'm working with.


I still need to do some more block printing. I want to get at least two more blocks carved too. Plus there's two paintings that need finishing, and the art box needs a hanger. Sometimes I feel kind of overwhelmed by all my ideas and plans, but then I just come back to my breath.

I studied Zen Buddhism when I was younger and I find that it's such a wonderful base to build on. Breathing meditation is really so grounding. When my mind is scattered I get so stuck that I can literally walk in circles moving from one idea to the next and working on nothing. That's when I just sit and count my breath.
I count to 4 on the inbreath,
hold for 2,
4 counts for the outbreath
and hold for 2.

Such a simple yet powerful tool. I though I'd leave you with a very Japanese image of cherry blossoms from my yard to go with my Zen:


2 comments:

  1. I'm walking in circles everyday,some days it seems right other days it seems,wow what am I thinking doing all this at the same time.In physical therapy I learned 4-7-8 breathing count 4 in,hold 7,count 8 on the out,you get so busy counting you forget about everything else.We don't have anything blooming yet,can't wait,our weather is getting warmer.My hubby planted potatoes and radishes ,onions.He has farming in his blood so he's early every year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blossom photo! Its hard to keep up with oneself and actually FINISH things when there is so much inside one's head bursting to get out!

    ReplyDelete