Pages

▼

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Full Moon Creativity

After I went jogging last night I had a burst of creativity.
I made a new shrine.
It's made of a wooden bead box
discarded by my daughter,
willow twigs I collected in college,
rusted parts I scavenged in my parents basement,
a piece of a treasured rusted measuring tape
(I don't know what I'll do when I use it up)
A watch part my DH got me
and a domino.
The thing I got really excited about was the beeswax.
It was the first time I tried using it on a shrine. I've made candles,
both taper and pillar, but I stopped when I had little children.
Hot wax and two year olds are a bad combination.
I love working with beeswax. The smell when it melts is amazing,
like honey only richer and less sweet.
I love how it holds the sticks in place and yet lets the wood and paint show through.
I'm going to be working with beeswax again.
Yay!

8 comments:

  1. An amazing piece of work. I love how you recycle all these "discarded" items and made "sense" of them. Fantastic! Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...really beautiful to showcase the things we see everyday on the side of the road...things that once had purpose and now serve another...

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely and intriguing this shrine is. It is so peaceful and mysterious. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful and amazing!
    The smell of beeswax always brings me memories of Ogüe and Dell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great piece it looks like it should be in a gallery.Congrats on your show,I seen your post but was away from posting for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's absolutetly incredible and am happy that you got inspired to create on such a beautiful full moon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad I came by from CED. Your post on recycling fits right in with my posts on recycling, too. And this shrine is adorable. I love assemblages. Your art is really stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing work! Thanks for all the thought to ecofriendly materials!

    ReplyDelete